Give your property that homely feel without breaking the bank!
There are many reasons why people rent a property.
You might only be looking to stay for 12 months before moving on.
You may be renting due to job relocation or due to financial reasons.
Whatever the reason you’re renting, you’ll still want to make the property feel homely – because it is YOUR home, after all.
While you can’t knock down walls or refurbish, you can add your personality to the property without doing anything structurally.
Consider these eight ideas.
- Plants – Potted plants can help you express your personality.
- Curtains / Blinds – Ideal for adding colour or warmth.
- Standing Frames – Display art and photos without putting holes in the walls.
- Add Accessories – Consider getting colourful cushions, cosy rugs, or sofa throws.
- Lighten Up- Lamps can create that warm, homely glow.
- Brush Strokes – Check you have permission from your landlord, and if you get the green light to paint rooms, it can make a big difference to how your home feels.
- Upcycle – If you can’t or don’t want to paint walls, what about adding a dash of personality, colour, and pizzazz to furniture?
- Maximise Space – With some clever thinking and a little research, you can create personalised storage spaces that suit your lifestyle.
Remember to check with your letting agent or landlord before conducting any ‘improvements.’
The best mantra here is ‘if in doubt, ask.’ It shows you’re a responsible tenant and encourages a good rapport between you and the landlord – which is never a bad idea.
Thanks for reading, and if you have any rental property related questions feel free to contact our expert team.