All sellers want to achieve a good sale in record time but rushing the process can cost you in the long run. Read on to discover why...
Once you’ve decided to put your home on the market, you’ll probably want to crack on as soon as possible.
Excited to start the next chapter of your life, you’ll be champing at the bit for your property listing to go live and the viewings to start.
But while enthusiasm and commitment are key ingredients to a successful property sale, so are planning and patience. Here’s why:
● A home that is light, bright, and free of clutter will attract more viewings and offers. It’s helpful to have a good clear-out and do any minor DIY jobs before you list.
● Most buyers form a strong opinion about a home based on the images they see online. For this reason, so-so property photos are a BIG no-no. Instead, take the time to present your home at its best so that it wows buyers searching online.
● Some hasty sellers don’t even bother including photographs in their listing. This is a significant missed opportunity. Time-pressed buyers will assume you’ve omitted photos because the property is a dump or you’re desperate to sell at any price.
● If you’re too eager to agree to a deal, you’re more likely to take the first offer that comes your way. However, it’s always best to listen to your agent, who will be able to advise if they think there’s more room to manoeuvre.
● Once a deal is agreed upon, it takes, on average, 150 days to complete the purchase.* Getting all the paperwork sorted can take time, so be realistic about the process.
Using an estate agency with excellent local knowledge and marketing expertise is the best way to ensure your home is sold for its true potential in a time frame that helps and doesn’t hinder you.
We are always here to offer help and guidance.